I know myself so well that I am pretty sure I could have cried talking to him on Skype every time we would talk. But the LDR (long-distance-relationship) thingy has become bearable that I managed to learn many things from it. And I am especially thankful to God that with HIM, everything gets to be possible!
Now, let’s head on to the most important part of this post. Some friends and family would actually ask me how we deal with being 10,000 miles away from each other. So guys, if you want to have a lasting relationship with your girl, read this!
|My phone’s wallpaper.|
(As you read on, you may think I’m bragging so feel free to just close your browser and throw your phone or laptop away. Kidding. I would list just some of the many things my husband does for me when he is away. Actually, he does it even we’re together! :D)
1. He sends me flowers. Yes, it never gets old. “Flowers” are just so sweet especially when you least expect it.
2. He writes me love letters. Ooooh! Tell me if there’s someone here who doesn’t give in to love letters???? Tell me!!!
3. He makes sure I’m okay. He’s always checking on me. He lets me know he thinks of me even when he’s stuck in the office or when he’s out with his friends.
4. He couldn’t wait to get home to talk to me. Well, this one is somewhat debatable. There are times that he can’t just do it. Most of the time because of work.
5. He reassures me. We’re working on this one!
6. He never stops learning. I admire my husband because of this. He makes me feel that all he wants in life is for our marriage to work in all aspects. He never makes complaints when I invite him to go to some marriage seminar or counselling. Plus, he reads books and articles about marriage and apply it to us with consistency. (Talking about pogi points!)
7. He wants to know me more. There would be times in our marriage when we suddenly stop asking and talking to our partners. We think that since we go to bed and wake up together at the same time every single day, there isn’t a thing we should know about each other anymore. The truth is, there is so much more to know about our husband/wife as we grow older together.
8. He provides. I think this trait is very important. Every man should know how to provide for his household and the woman should take care of it. Yes, the bible says so.
9. He is fun(ny). All my family and friends know R perfectly. He’s very good at making us laugh in his own corny way.
10. He loves God. The last but definitely not the least! Before I knew R, I prayed to God that He gives me someone who would love HIM more than he would love me. I believe this has to be the most inevitable trait every man should have for a lasting relationship with his wife.
This list will go on and on and on as we get through every spin and turn in our lives.
1 Peter 3:7 “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”